July 25, 2013

Whole 30 Results

Well, we have finished the Whole 30  program.  It really wasn't that hard.  I knew from doing the Atkins diet years ago, that when you cut out the carbs, you don't get the carb cravings.

We have been busy all week, so did our weigh-in and measurements today, which was actually Day 31.  *DRUM ROLL*

I am down 21.2 lbs and a total of 11 3/4"!!!

Neck:  - 1/4"
Chest: - 2"
Waist: - 1"
Hips: - 4"
Arm:  Left: - 1/4"    Right: no change
Thigh:  Left: - 2 1/4"    Right: - 2"
Calf:  Left: - 1/4"    Right: - 3/4"

I am almost totally off my insulin!  At the beginning of the year, I was taking 60 units every evening.  When we started the Whole 30, I was at 30 units and am now down to 5 units.  I will do that for one more day, and if my readings are still good, I will be able to stop!!

Jim is down 18.3 lbs and 10"!

It is still going well, although I have felt a little "off" occasionally...like my blood sugar is low, but then it turns out it isn't.  Also, there have been times that I have had hardly any carbs, but my sugar keeps going up.  I am thinking that maybe I am not eating enough, so I am going to try to track calories and total carbs to see if that helps.

Last night, Sarah and I took Lily and Emma to the drive-in to see Despicable Me 2.  It is a great movie.  I was so glad that I decided to wear jeans and bring along a sweatshirt, because we FROZE!  The temperature went down to 15 degrees.  They were cozy in the back of the car with their blankets and pillows.




Today, we enjoyed breakfast on the patio, and they helped water the garden. 




I am SO tired.  I have been staying up too late in the evenings.  Time to get to bed. 

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment