August 2, 2013

Safari Niagara

Sarah and the girls have gone camping for the long weekend with Hillary and William, and Jim and Josh went running, so it has been Q-U-I-E-T here this evening.  When Jim got home, we watched the first episode of Downton Abbey, Season 3. 

Yesterday, Jim's sister, Joan, Sarah, Lily, Emma, William and I went to Safari Niagara for the day. 
It was hot in the sun.  I was glad for the areas that went through the woods. 


Lily's favourite animal is the giraffe, so she was thrilled to be able to feed one.  She had the pellets in her hand and the giraffe wrapped it's tongue right around her hand to get the food. 

 

We stopped for some lunch.  I did as well as I could.  I had pulled pork, didn't eat the bun, and had a side salad and water.  There wasn't too much BBQ sauce on it.
                                                                                   


William really wanted to go on the rope course, and Sarah eagerly took him.  I think she was just as excited about it as he was!  It was REALLY high!



 
 
There was even a ropes course for the little ones!  They loved it!


On the way home, we stopped at Nigh's Chocolates.  OMG...it smelled SO GOOD in there!  I probably should have waited in the car, because I caved.  I got a chocolate bar with peanuts and pretzels, AND a single peanut butter-filled chocolate.  It was delicious, but I felt like crap the rest of the way home.  The rest of the day was not good.  I got munching on pretzels, then, Sarah and I went shopping after dinner, and ended up at Perkins, where we shared a piece of Peanut Butter Silk pie.  This is something that we used to do occasionally when she lived here.  Then, just before bed, to finish it up really good, I ate a piece of chocolate covered red licorice and a bowl of cereal for good measure.  No wonder my sugar was 13.7 this morning! 

But, I am back on track today, for the most part.  It wasn't perfect.  I did have the other piece of licorice that Jim didn't want.  It could have been worse.

Jim got a book from the library about paleo eating by Robb Wolf:  The Paleo Solution.  I have also found a good website that looks like it will be very helpful in continuing on the Paleo way of life.  Paleo Diet Lifestyle has lots of info and recipes.

Have a great long weekend!



 

1 comment:

  1. eek on going off the sugar deep end late in the day! Worst part of that, for me, would be that it would take a good three days to get the renewed cravings out of my system. :(

    ReplyDelete