November 15, 2013

Coming out of Hibernation

I'm peeking my head out of my shell again. 

We got my mom settled in to her apartment.  It is a wonderful retirement home.  She didn't want to be there at first, but that is to be expected, after almost 50 years in one house.  She is very happy there now, getting involved with activities and socializing. 

The running is going well.  I joined the Learn to Run group at Runners' Edge.  We are on week 11, running 30 minutes.  Tuesday, I covered 3.07 km, and Thursday, 3.24 km.  Another 30 minute run tomorrow morning.  Next week is 35 minutes, then 40 minutes, ending on November 30 with the Mock 5k run.

I'm really getting excited about running again, even looking for a run to do on my birthday, since it falls on a Saturday!  We might go to Seneca Falls, NY, for "It's a Wonderful Run".  It is part of a whole weekend of festivities about the "It's a Wonderful Life" movie.  You run over the bridge where George Bailey is thinking of jumping off; and it is at dusk, so it is a pretty run through town, with all the lights.  Here is a uTube clip from last year. 

I've been eating well again this week.  We weren't doing bad.  We still don't keep any grains in the house, but have indulged sometimes when eating out, and had some bread here when William (grandson) spent the weekend.  I had lost around 25 lbs in June, when we did a very strict 30 day Paleo diet.  Since then, we've been mostly maintaining, going up and down with about 4 or 5 lbs.  This morning, I weighed in at 231.1.  I REALLY want to get below that elusive 230 mark, and would love to be down to 225 by the time we go to Halifax for Christmas.  I'm feeling very positive about it.

That's it for now.  I'm going to try to keep up with this.  I follow several blogs and feel like I know a few of the bloggers.  I would like to be a part of this community and not just a spectator.  Kind of like my running, I guess! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janice

    You sound very relaxed and positive. I'm a firm believer in positivity.

    You know what to do and I'm sure you will get there.

    Blogging is a good thing. I think we can all help each other exchange news, ideas.

    I sometimes wonder ..... what did we do before blogs?

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I am feeling more positive and making some good changes towards a healthier life. Enjoy your weekend, too. :)

      Delete