November 22, 2013

Feeling Off

I haven't been feeling great today, well, the last couple days.  I get lightheaded when I stand up.  Sometimes I feel like my sugar is low, but it is fine, other times I feel ok, but when I check before a meal, it is low.  Before lunch today, it was 3.3.  I am going to make a doctor's appointment on Monday.  I have also asked a friend for the name of her naturopath.  I kind of have a feeling that maybe, since I have lost some weight, been exercising and eating better, my drugs may need to be adjusted.  Also, at almost 52 years old, my periods have finally stopped!  It has been 4 months, and before that, it was 8 weeks.  I take an iron supplement and the blood doctor told me several years ago that I may need to stop the supplements when my periods stop.  I adjust my insulin doses myself.  The endocrinologist said, if I am getting lows, to reduce my insulin and see if it helps.  Tonight, I took only 5 units.  I did get up at 5:00am this morning, so I am really tired.  Time for bed!

The weather forecast doesn't look too bad for tomorrow's run.  It is supposed to be 0, with a wind chill of -6 and only 20% chance of precipitation. 

I made some progress on Lily's quilt.  I got one row finished and all of the pink squares pieced. I am hoping to get the top finished this weekend.

 
 
I tried a recipe for "Cauli-fredo Sauce".  It was not bad, but not great.  We decided that, next time, we should add some garlic.  We had it over spaghetti squash with chunks of chicken breast and asparagus. 
 
Good night! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get things figured out!! Just finished my run this morning and it was a cold one!!! Headwind for more than half too. Hope you had a good one, mine was tough.

    ReplyDelete