November 29, 2013

Last Run for Learn to Run and Small Victories

Last night's run wasn't bad.  It wasn't as cold as I was expecting it to be, although my legs didn't seem to want to cooperate.  I just felt kind of clumsy for a good part of it.  But, I hung in there and completed the 40 minutes, and finally made it through a run without pushing a wrong button on my watch!  There have been a few times when I hit the stop button instead of the lap button.  Jim always has his, though, so I can download his info to my Garmin Connect page.  Total covered for the 40 minute run portion was 4.05 km.  Tomorrow is the final run of the Learn to Run clinic.  We are going to Queenston Heights for the Mock 5k.  It is supposed to be sunny and above freezing, so it should be good. 

I'm still trying to figure out my sugar readings.  Wednesday, after the Tuesday night run, I woke up to a 3.3 and had a few other lows through the day.  Last night, I took only 5 units of insulin, instead of 10.  It was 5.0 this morning, although that was at 5:20 am, and Wednesday it was at 7:45 am.  Would it have been low if I had slept longer?  Who knows!   

I can clearly see the benefit of exercise on blood pressure.  It was great after the run and again this morning. 

I have a ton of clothes that were just a little too small.  Close enough to being wearable that I didn't want to donate them or buy new clothes.  Yesterday, when I was getting dressed, I decided to try on a pair of jeans that had been too tight.  I wasn't near doing them up in the summer.  A couple weeks ago, I could do them up, but would have been way too uncomfortable wearing them all day.  Now, I could definitely wear them!  They are still just a little snug, but that could just be my age.  Twenty years ago, I probably would have  worn them the way they fit two weeks ago! 

Lily's quilt is coming along.  I had to do a bit of clever piecing for the backing, but it is now ready to put together and then do the machine quilting.  I am very pleased with how it is coming along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment