November 16, 2013

Memories of Halifax

I decided I have too many pictures on my memory card, so decided to move them to the external hard drive.  SURPRISE!!!  I had a bunch of pictures from Sarah's visit here in July and my trip to Halifax in September that I hadn't downloaded yet!  I had some good memories as I looked through them.



We will see them again in 5 weeks, when we go for Christmas.. I can't wait!

Today was a 30 minute run with the group.  What a gorgeous day...it was perfect!  Sunny and cool, so it felt great to be outside.  But, when we headed out, I felt sluggish.  I realized that this was probably due to the fact that I hadn't eaten before running.  A car can't go on no fuel, and neither can our bodies.  So, next Saturday, I will have something small (a banana, perhaps) when I get up.  Tuesday is 35 minutes.  Just two more weeks until the Mock 5k. 

I have had a can of pumpkin in the pantry for quite some time, and have been wanting to try a recipe that I got from one of the Paleo sites, for Pumpkin Pie Smoothies.  It was a very easy recipe...just throw it all in the blender.

 
 
They tasted OK, but not great.  Maybe it's just because I like pumpkin, but I'm not a huge fan of it.  I'm not sure if I would make them again.  So, now I have a bunch of pumpkin left, but found recipes for grain-free pumpkin bread and  pancakes. 
 

After supper, we had a bit of ice cream.  It's definitely not Paleo, but I didn't consider it a "cheat".  I've been eating really well lately, and it was a small amount.  I even took more than half of the amount Jim had scooped out and put it back.  I just wanted a small taste, so about 1/4 cup, with fresh berries on top. 

It's funny, though.  Just that little bit of sugar got my cravings going and now I am feeling kind of "snacky", made worse, I think, since I am the only one up.  Jim went to bed about a half hour ago.  I think I will put in the movie "Elf" and work on knitting William's slippers.  If I get really hungry, I will have my go-to snack...carrot sticks and almond butter. 

 
That's it for now.  Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Pictures/photo's do certainly stir the memories - I love looking through them.

    What a thought Christmas is only just over five weeks away - where has this year gone to?

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy, isn't it? And it seems the older I get, the faster the years go by!

    ReplyDelete