November 19, 2013

Monday Weigh-in and GO HARD

I need to get away from the daily (and sometimes multiple times daily) stepping on the scale.  I have been to Weight Watchers countless times over the years and I have always liked Monday to weigh in.  It helps me to stay on track over the weekend, with that in the back of my mind.  Whatever helps to keep up the motivation!  So, I was up a bit since Friday, but I guess it's a new starting point. 



When we started the Whole 30 on June 24, I was 256.8.  On July 25, I was 235.6.  Since then, it has been up and down between there and 230, but we had become a little lax on the paleo eating.  The highest I ever weighed was 323, probably around 15 years ago, but that is another story that will be in the "About Me" tab, when I can get to it.

Tomorrow, November 20, is Globally Organized Hug a Runner Day!  So don't forget to hug your favourite runner!  :)  My run tonight went really well!  It was 35 minutes, and I covered 3.7 km.  A turtle's pace, but I was happy!

I'm getting to be a real Betty Crocker!  Yesterday, I did make another recipe of the Paleo Pumpkin Banana Bread, only I baked it as muffins, rather than a loaf.  This time, I added some unsweetened coconut and 85% dark chocolate, chopped.  They turned out good, but maybe just a few minutes overcooked.

Then, for dinner, I had found a recipe for Spaghetti Squash Crusted Quiche to use the spaghetti squash I had.  I had some cooked chicken breasts that needed to get eaten up, so I modified the recipe to use that, instead of the pork breakfast sausage called for. 


This was wonderful!  I will definitely make it again.  PaleOMG is an awesome site.  I have several recipes on my list that I can't wait to try and I have barely scratched the surface.  I would highly recommend that you check it out, even if you are not following a paleo diet.

Have a great day tomorrow and don't forget to GO HARD!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love chicken breasts or chicken thighs cooked with some great tasting low carb vegetables such as brocolli, cabbage, kale, mashed swede - followed with some low carb fruit such as blueberries or raspberries.

    I tend not to eat bananas or spaghetti, or other foods, where the carbohydrate content is high and can spike blood sugar numbers.

    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bananas seem to be fine for me. I don't eat spaghetti, and don't really miss it, since we use spaghetti squash all the time. I also made carrot ribbons, using a vegetable peeler and that was really good. I have a vegetable spiralizer on my Christmas wish list. I haven't quite got the hang of using a julienne peeler to make zucchini 'noodles'.

    ReplyDelete