November 25, 2013

Monday Weigh-in and Some New Recipes

MMMMmm...it smells good in here!  We had turkey last night, and I put the carcass in the slow cooker overnight to make stock.  I think I will use some of it to make some turkey soup! 

But first, I was thrilled with my weigh-in this morning! 



That is down 4.8 lbs!!!  I've been chasing that elusive 230 for months, and finally broke through!  I was really trying hard this week to stay paleo, and it worked!!

Last night, we had turkey dinner.  I had two turkeys in the freezer, and one had been there for a long time, so I wanted to use it up. 



I tried two new recipes:  Maple Bacon Pecan Roasted Butternut Squash  and a breadless stuffing .  Both were delicious! 

  
 
Maple Bacon Pecan Roasted Butternut Squash
 
 
Stuffing
 
I'm off to make my turkey stock and then get to the sewing machine.  I am hoping to get Lily's quilt top finished today.
 
I guess first, I should check the job bank!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the loss!!!! I'm super excited that it's almost Christmas and turkey time for me. We have two in the freezer as well but both are for Christmas so I have to wait. Turkey dinner is probably one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete