November 27, 2013

Running in the Rain

I was a little concerned about last night's run.  The weather forecast indicated that it might be pretty sloppy in the evening.  Thankfully, it was warm enough that it was just a light rain.  It wasn't really cold, in fact, I over-dressed a little, but when you are wet, it just feels colder. 

The run was ok.  My legs were dragging a little, but I pushed through, and after we turned around at 20 minutes, I felt better.  Maybe it was just the fact that I knew we were headed back to the store!  We did the route that involves a hill for about the last .5 - .7 km or so.  I hate it, but it does feel good to be able to dig deep and conquer it!  We didn't hang around to stretch, but did it at home instead.

I met up for lunch yesterday with a former co-worker at Boston Pizza.  It was really nice to catch up with her.  We used to have lunch together every day.  I was laid off at the end of March and have been meaning to get together with her, but it just never happened.  I got a great salad with chicken breast on top that was very good.  When we were done, the waitress asked if we had left room for dessert, in particular, the "Chocolate Explosion".

Description from the menu: Ultimate decadence. Creamy chocolate mousse with chunks of cheesecake, caramel, toffee, pecans and almonds on a chocolate crust.

 
I said to her, "That thing has about 900 calories!"  She laughed and said that she doesn't look at that information!  LOL  On a side note...I have had that dessert in the past, and it IS absolutely decadent...I did share it, so it was only 450 calories.  :S  Honestly, I don't know how anyone could eat the full slice, it is SO sweet and rich.  Needless to say, I passed on the dessert!  :)  It always feels great when you eat out and make good choices!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment