December 31, 2013

Family Tragedy

We have had a very sad end to 2013 in our family.  If you live in Southern Ontario, you may have heard in the news, about a terrible snowmobile accident in Thorold on Boxing Day.  Two young men were killed and a woman seriously injured.  Those two young men were Jim's cousin's only two children, aged 25 and 28.  The older one had a baby girl, 8 months old.  You hear about these horrific things in the news, but it is always other people.  It is still so surreal.  I just can't get my head around it.

The funeral was this morning.  I cannot even begin to imagine what they must be going through.  We just have to try to move on.

4 comments:

  1. Janice, that is horrible! My deepest condolences to you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrin. I still can't get my head around it.

      Delete
  2. Janice I'm so sorry. Another friend of mine knows their mom and a different friend knows their aunt. So very sad indeed. Too much loss and this one so sudden:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selena. It is amazing how many lives were touched by these young men. So many people knew them or know someone who knew them. The funeral home was lined up outside for visitations and the church was packed for the service. People were standing.

      Delete