December 2, 2013

Monday Weigh-in and My Pretty, New Phone

I guess first things first.  I was a little surprised and disappointed this morning.  First thing after I got up at around 5:30 AM, I stepped on the scale and it said 229!  So that was up 1.4 lbs.   What the heck?  I thought I had a good week and wasn't expecting a huge loss after last week, but was hoping for at least a pound.  In the past, I have had the experience of getting on the scale again, after I have "woken up" a bit, and getting a better result.  So, I did that...

 
 
Better...only up .4 lbs.  Oh well...I know that my body fluctuates...sometime a LOT.  When I was younger, if I had been eating poorly and then got back on track, I have lost as much as 13 lbs in one week.  BUT on the other hand, I have also gained that much in a bad week.  So I keep on plugging away at it.  It will all come out good in the end.  And it's not the numbers that are important, but that I am making healthy choices.  This year, I have seen my nightly insulin dose go from 65 units down to 10 units, as well as improvements in my blood pressure since I started running again.

I have been busily working on Lily's quilt so that it will be done in time to take to Halifax, in just a little over 2 weeks.  I have finished the machine sewing and just need to flip the binding over and do the hand stitching on the back.  I turned the TV off while I worked, so as not to get distracted.  So, I have been enjoying my Christmas CDs.  Right now, I am listening to the heavenly voices of Il Divo.  They are incredible...and not too hard to look at either!  :)

 
I forgot to mention in the Mock 5k report, that everyone got prizes!  This year, all the men got socks and the ladies got headbands!  I chose a pretty turquoise/green one.  When I opened the package, I found out that there were TWO headbands!  There is a silicone strip inside them, so they don't slip.  I tried one on and it felt great.  I can't wait to try one out on a run!
 
 
My phone has been giving me grief for a long time.  Even though I had only a couple apps on it, it kept giving me a message that I was short on storage space.  There was plenty of room on the SD card, but it wouldn't let me move some things over.  When I searched the problem on the internet, I found that a lot of people had the same problem.  Then, when I went to the company website, I found out that this model has been discontinued!  No surprise there!  Yesterday, Josh wanted to go to the Koodo kiosk and change his phone, so I went along and got a new one.  I got an iPhone.  I have been wanting one so I could do Face Time with Sarah and the girls.  Koodo had some protective cases, but just solid colours.  There was a kiosk right next door with tons of pretty cases, so I went there and found a really pretty one that was also $10 cheaper than the one at Koodo!
 
 
I still have lots of stuff to learn that comes with getting a new piece of technology, but I got to talk to and see the girls yesterday for about 15 minutes!  I saw their Christmas tree and the stocking that Lily was decorating for her Snow White bear, and watched Emma make her silly faces.  It was wonderful! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of iPhone!! I love mine:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...now I just have to figure out all the ins and outs of it! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love my iphone! You will too. 1.4 is a good loss. You are doing so well Janice! You really are making me think about running again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we could think about meeting up for a race in the spring. I know you did the Bread and Honey last year. That is where my daughter and grandson ran and I was too shy to approach you, so I am guessing you live in the Golden Horseshoe or GTA. Now that our clinic is finished, I need to have something to focus on so that I keep it up. I don't like the bad weather, but we do have a pretty good treadmill, so I don't have any excuses.

      Delete