April 12, 2014

Exciting Busy

Just popping my head in quickly.  I'm not sure how much posting I will get done in the next few weeks.  I have been busy getting ready for my trip to Halifax to visit my daughter.  It's mostly for the granddaughters.  I told Sarah that, if she didn't have any children, I wouldn't have visited 3 times in one year!  Not that I don't miss her, but I could handle it.  But I couldn't handle it to only see Lily and Emma once a year or less.  They just grow up so fast.  And yes, there is Face Time and Skype, but it's just not the same as cuddling up to read a book or watch a movie together, or play endless games of UNO or Monopoly Junior or feel those little arms around my neck.

I have been busy this week, sewing a doll quilt for Lily.  At Christmas, I took both girls blankets I had made.  Emma's was a crocheted afghan, and Lily's was a quilt.



I had already made a smaller one to match Emma's for her doll, which I was going to give her for her birthday, but then I thought, since I gave them both one at Christmas, I couldn't very well just give Emma a doll blanket and tell Lily she would have to wait until her birthday in October for her doll version.  So this week, I made the quilt.  It's a good thing it was small and I used a super-simple pattern.
 
 

So, I am off on Tuesday, unfortunately without Jim, but I will be there for Emma's 5th birthday, which happens to fall on Easter Monday this year.  Flights were a lot more expensive over Easter, which is why I am going earlier. 

Hillary and William came and slept over last night, so I could see them before I leave.  They had a Frog Run at the Sugar Bush this morning, so we went for that.  The kids collected little plastic frogs in a basket and got a treat at the end.  It was a perfect day.  Bright and sunny and warm enough to go without a jacket.  When the frogs start croaking in the spring, it means the weather is getting warmer and sap season is over...thus the Frog Run. 


 
It's so nice to actually feel like spring is here!  (Although, it is supposed to be only a high of 3C on Tuesday, and below freezing overnight!)  I bought a small pot of what I though was hyacinth last weekend.  There were no blooms and there was a lot of wrapping around the pot.  When I got it home and cut back the wrapping a bit, I realized it was miniature daffodils, which is another of my favourite flowers.  I was glad anyway, since it is daffodil month for the Canadian Cancer Society and that is heavy on my heart as we wait for Josh's surgery in June.
 
 
So, how have things been on the eating and exercise front?  Not great.  Maybe not as bad as I think.  I did get out for some short walks, just by walking to a destination rather than driving, and I did make some healthy dinners, which is an effort for me sometimes with the shift Jim is working, so I guess just put the slips in the past and press on.  Progress, not perfection.  There might not be a lot of planned "exercise" in Halifax, but plenty of walking, I'm sure.  Matt is off the week after Easter, so we may be able to do a bit of exploring.


3 comments:

  1. "They just grow up so fast." they certainly do. We were with our eldest grandson today and next birthday he will be in double figures .....now where did those ten years go?

    Have a great great time

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your trip went well ....take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Jan. It helped to nudge me back into motion. :)

      Delete