April 8, 2014

Feeling Positive

Today is a good day!  My sugar was high this morning, and I knew it would be because I did some a lot of emotional eating yesterday.  But still, even though I was expecting it, I felt a bit discouraged.  I also weighed myself and was up about 5 lbs since yesterday.  Again, I know my body does that when I have a bad food day.  It should also come off quickly, though.

I had my BIG cup of coffee in my Nova Scotia mug.  I can't wait for my trip!  This time next week, I will be there!


I checked e-mail and Facebook.  I joined a new group the other day.  From Fat to Finish Line.  This is a documentary film that is being made about a group of 12 strangers who have all lost at least 100 lbs.  They came together and ran the Ragnar Relay from Miami to Key West last year.  I first learned about it from the Runs for Cookies blog by Katie Foster.  This is a Facebook support group for runners trying to lose or maintain weight through running and healthy lifestyle.  Someone posted about having a bad day yesterday, and making a fresh start today.  That really encouraged me to pick myself up and keep moving forward. 

Jim was out so I got dressed and ready to do a workout on the treadmill.  Just as I was headed downstairs, he got home, so I suggested we go for a walk outside instead.  It was damp, sprinkling and a little chilly, but it feels so good to get out.  We just did a loop down into Port Dalhousie and back through Jaycees Park.  Along the way, I said I wanted to run for just one minute, so Jim timed it for me.  Then later, he said, "Ready for another minute run?".  So we did it again.  This time I asked him to hit the lap button on his watch, just for curiosity's sake to see my pace. 

The total walk was 3.25 km.  My pace for the one minute timed was just under 9 minutes/km, which is right about where I have always been for running.  I did my 50-second plank and will walk to my mom's tonight for our weekly movie night.  That is another 1.7 km, so I am happy with that. 

I have started tracking my food again.  I am going to track my carbs and calories.  It is a lot of work to weigh and measure and write it all down, but that has given me success in the past, both for weight and blood sugar control.

Time for a cup of tea. 

1 comment:

  1. "I have started tracking my food again. I am going to track my carbs and calories. It is a lot of work to weigh and measure and write it all down, but that has given me success in the past, both for weight and blood sugar control."

    It is SO worth doing though Janice ....keep those blood sugar numbers as close to that of a non diabetic.

    Take Care and ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete