July 16, 2014

A Good Walk

Yayyyy!!!  I am feeling great right now.

After reading so many inspiring posts on the Facebook group From Fat to Finish Line, I decided I need to stop the pity party and get moving again.  I have to remember to start slow, so just walking for today.  One day at a time.  My hips/glutes were a little achy but it was ok.

I committed to one episode of Big Bang Theory at a comfortable pace.  That lasted about 22 minutes.  So, I decided I would keep going to 30 minutes.  I still felt good, so decided to finish up the second episode.  That was finished at 43 minutes, so I did the extra 2 minutes to make it 45!!  I completed 2.25 miles and am really proud of myself for making a start. 







Now I need to get some meal ideas in place, especially for times when we need something that we can grab on the go. 

Josh had an appointment yesterday with a doctor to talk about his radioactive iodine treatment.  He will have to spend one night in hospital, since they only have one bathroom at Sharon's house.  He will have to sleep alone for a week and keep 3 metres away from people.  He will have a special low iodine diet for two weeks before the treatment because they want the body to be craving iodine for the best absorption.  After the treatment (about a week, I think), he will have a full body CT scan that will show if there is cancer anywhere else in his body.

I've got lots on my mind and lots going on in my life, but I need to try to not let it overwhelm me.  My health is the first step, because I need to have a positive attitude, and exercise and healthy eating will surely help with that.  

4 comments:

  1. You are so right Janice. You must think of your health too. You have to be healthy for your son and family. My thoughts are with you. I can't even imagine what you are going through.

    Good for you with the treadmill. That is a great start for your exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrin. It's a constant struggle, but we WILL get there. I was so glad to see a post on your blog today! :)

      Delete
  2. You are sounding good and positive .....and I applaud you.

    Sending good thoughts your way to you and the family.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. You are always an encouragement.

      Delete