August 18, 2014

Withdrawal

I woke up with a bit of a headache and it hung around all day.  I shouldn't complain really.  I have a few friends who suffer with terrible migraines, sometimes for days at a time.  I didn't have any coffee this morning, so I am wondering if I was experiencing WITHDRAWAL!!

I am going to get back on the low carb Paleo wagon (I am wondering how many times I have said that), as my leg/hip/glute/lower back problems aren't getting any better; in fact, they have actually been a little worse after seeing the osteopath.  Today, I was standing at the counter for quite a while as I was cutting up veggies for a broccoli salad and veggie tray to take to a BBQ this evening.  After a while, my left leg went tingly and weak and I had to go sit down for a bit.  Later, this happened again.

I ate well at breakfast and lunch, and did pretty well at the BBQ.  I didn't touch any of the "munchies"...chips, cheesies and other goodies, or any of the bite size chocolate chip cookies or ice cream bars that were passed around.  I did have some potato salad and one hot dog on a bun and a few rice crackers.  Oh, and I did give in to a cup of coffee after dinner.  So I guess today was kind of an "easing into"

I was saddened to hear about the suicide of Robin Williams.  I have been watching my Mork & Mindy DVD's this week.  I think I will jot down some quotes as I watch them.  Some things Mork says seem rather ironic when you know how his life will end nearly 40 years into the future.  It always affects me deeply when I hear of needless deaths due to mental illness.  I think, "There but for the grace of God, go I".

I am so tired and need to go to bed.  I've been wanting to post, but have really been at a loss as to what to write.  There seems to be a lot of chaos in my life at the moment and I tend to get overwhelmed; but even if I sometimes take a few steps back, I will continue to move forward, one step at a time.



2 comments:

  1. It is good to hear from you. I definitely know the food struggle you are going through. We must never give up no matter how many times we try. It is for our own well being. Take care Janice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katrin. I think that now that I am over 50 I am think more about how bad things could get by the time I am 60 if I don't keep my diabetes under good control, become more active and get some weight off. It will be a forever battle, but we have to keep fighting.

      Delete